Ant Control Brisbane
Ants may look small and harmless, but they can cause a lot of damage to your property if they nest and settle in. These tiny insects are notorious for being difficult to remove once they’ve settled, so it’s important to treat any ant issues as soon as possible.
If you’re having ant problems on your property, or if you simply want to prevent ants from invading your home, then give Bennetts a call. We’re one of the most trusted ant control Brisbane experts, with over 25 years of experience in the pest control industry.
Call us on 1300 661 008 to get a quote for our ant management and ant treatment services.
Why Choose Bennetts Pest Control
For over two decades, Bennetts Pest Control has been the trusted ant treatment specialists for homeowners and property managers in Brisbane, Ipswich and the Gold Coast. Here’s why:
- Bennetts has over 25 years of experience in pest management, so you can be sure we’ll know the best ways to treat any ants on your property. We’ve seen all types of ant infestations over the years, and we’ll know how to treat whatever ant problems you may have.
- Treatments Options. Given all the types of ants that could invade your home, it’s important to have the right treatment options available. We use a wide range of ant treatments to make sure that your property is safe and free of pests.
- Customised Treatment Plans. Every situation is different, so you’ll always get a customised treatment plan with Bennetts. We’ll tailor our plan based on your needs and budget so that you can get the best solution for your money.
The Risk of Ants
Despite their small size, ants can cause significant damage and even health issues if the problem is left untreated. If you have an ant infestation on your property, you could be facing the following risks:
- Property Damage – Some ants create nests inside walls and cavities that could make your building’s structure weaker. Not only can such damage decrease the value of your property, but it can even pose safety risks if it gets bad enough.
- Health Risks – Ant bites can be painful, and some people are allergic to certain kinds of ants. In some cases, ants can also be carriers or spreaders of diseases.
- Food Spoilage – Ants can ruin food and cause it to spoil sooner if they forage and scavenge it.
- Appliance Damage – Some ants can nest in appliances, potentially damaging their wiring and components.
Types of Ants
Although there are thousands of species of ants, not every type of ant is a pest. In Australia, the following are some of the most common species to watch out for:
- Black House Ant – A common ant that’s typically found in kitchens and areas with rubbish. These ants are attracted to sweets and sweet food products.
- Singapore Ant – An ant that typically nests in wall cavities and building crevices. These ants are attracted to different kinds of food, especially sweets and meat products.
- Coastal Brown Ant – Normally found in gardens and outside walls, these ants are also known to excavate in soil and pathways. They’re attracted to several types of food, including sweets, greasy food items, and meat.
- Green-head Ant – Although these ants rarely enter houses and buildings, they’re commonly spotted in gardens and bushy areas. Stings from these ants can be very painful.
- Carpenter Ant – A large type of ant that comes in different sizes and is usually coloured dark brown or black. These ants prefer nesting in damp or moist wood, which could compromise your building’s structure if it becomes severe enough.
Signs of Ant Infestation
- Ant sightings – This is the first and most obvious sign of an ant infestation. If you see lines or clusters of ants in or around your home, then there’s a good chance that there’s an ant nest nearby.
- Ant nests – Ant nests come in all shapes and sizes, depending on the species. Some ant nests look like small piles of dirt or soil, while others are built inside walls or building crevices.
- Wood shavings or sawdust – Some ants (particularly carpenter ants) love to tunnel through wood. This tunnelling produces wood shavings or sawdust that piles up outside their tunnels.
Tips for Dealing with an Ant Infestation
- Identify the type of ants causing problems. Several types of ants commonly infest properties, and each type will have their own characteristics and behaviours. By knowing exactly what you’re dealing with, you’ll know what your best treatment options are and how to prevent them from spreading.
- Remove things that can attract ants. This includes any food scraps and organic material that ants love. Keep your kitchen, dining rooms, and rubbish areas clean and tidy to minimise the attraction for ants.
- Inspect your property thoroughly. Ants can infest hard-to-see areas in your home, so you may need to look around thoroughly to spot them. Remember that a trail or group of ants is usually only a small part of an entire colony.
- Consult with a professional. If you don’t know what type of ants you’re dealing with, or if your ant infestation is simply getting too difficult to handle, then consult with ant and pest management experts to get the problem treated properly.
Reliable Ant Control Brisbane Experts
If you’re tired of dealing with stubborn ants and want them gone for good, then call Bennetts to get it done. No matter what type of ants you’re facing, our ant treatment and ant management services will help you keep them under control and prevent further damage.
Get a quote today by calling us on 1300 661 008. We offer ant control Brisbane wide and in surrounding regions, so you can get the solutions you need wherever you are in Brisbane.