Silverfish Control Brisbane
If you have a silverfish infestation, you’ll recognise these long scuttling insects that simply love a dark, damp environment and thrive in your kitchen and bathroom. Silverfish can be found in a range of places, including in books, under your wallpaper, in paintings, in your carpet and even in your pantry.
If you are struggling with some silverfish problems in your home, or if you want to take steps to prevent a silverfish infestation, then call us today. We are Brisbane’s trusted silverfish pest control experts and can help with silverfish treatment today. We have over 25 years of experience working with pest control and pest management.
Call us on 1300 661 008 to get a quote for silverfish treatment.
Why Choose Bennetts Pest Control
At Bennetts Pest Control we are the trusted name for homeowners and property managers in Brisbane, Ipswich and the Gold Coast. Here’s why:
- We have seen firsthand the damage that these little critters can cause and are here to provide quality pest control treatment. With over two decades of experience in pest management, you can trust that we know the best way to manage your silverfish problems.
- Treatments Options. Silverfish are destructive in large numbers and can damage books, photos, paintings and even the plaster in your home. It’s vital that you approach the treatment with a range of options to ensure conservation.
- Customised Treatment Plans. Silverfish can survive in a range of locations and environments but love conditions where there’s high humidity. So, it’s important to treat the silverfish problem in your home with a comprehensive treatment plan that works for you.
The Risks of Silverfish
Even though they are small, silverfish can cause various problems in your home.
- Property Damage - As mentioned, silverfish love a damp, dark place and will feast on books, walls, painting and other cellulose-containing matter in your home. They love leather clothing as well and can cause serious problems if left untreated.
- Food Spoilage – Silverfish can get into your pantry and will ruin food that they run all over.
- Nuisance. An infestation of silverfish is not only unsightly; it’s unnerving to have them running around your home.
Silverfish Control in Your Home
The silverfish belongs to the Lepisma species and will cause damage to your home by eating food or other materials that are high in starches. They are nocturnal as an insect and for that reason aren’t usually seen by day. They may be found in a new building where masonry is still damp and can be brought into your home by cardboard cartons, books and papers.
Signs of Silverfish Infestation
- Silverfish sightings – This is a great indicator that you are dealing with a silverfish problem. If you find one, there’s a great chance that there are many more hiding.
- Silverfish droppings – You want to be on the lookout for any droppings that look like tiny peppercorns in places like food storage areas, boxes and bags.
- Silverfish damage – The biggest sign of an infestation is a whole heap of evidence from silverfish feasting on your items. You can find holes in books and wallpaper which is usually a pretty big clue.
Tips Silverfish Pest Control
- Dehumidify your home. Because silverfish love a dark and damp place to live in, you need to reverse this environment. Use a dehumidifier to dry out the air in a damp room, and make sure you air everything out really
- Clean up. If you have a bunch of old boxes with books and papers in them, it’s important that you clean this stuff out, pronto. Silverfish will just love to lurk in these boxes eating all that tasty paper.
- Seal up your home. You want to keep silverfish from entering your home again, so make sure you seal up any cracks and holes that allow these insects to get in.
- Get professional service from our pest control experts. The best way to get rid of silverfish is with quality silverfish treatment from our experts. We can help you get rid of them and prevent further damage to your home and items.
Reliable Silverfish Control Brisbane Experts
Sick of the sight of silverfish? We can help you. We’re the experts when it comes to silverfish removal and silverfish treatment - so get a quote today by calling us on 1300 661 008. We offer Silverfish control Brisbane wide and throughout the south east so when you need silverfish pest control you know who to call.