Flea Control Brisbane
Are you struggling with itching, bites, welts and sores? You could have a flea infestation in your home. While it’s not a nice thing to think about, the good news is that fleas are relatively easy to locate, treat and exterminate. If you have pets, there’s every chance that you might have had a flea problem at one point in time or another, and while you can treat your pet, you will also need to treat you home to make sure that the fleas are not going to come back.
If you’re having flea issues, give Bennetts a call. We’re one of the most trusted flea control Brisbane experts, with over 25 years of experience in the pest control industry.
Call us on 1300 661 008 to get a quote for our flea treatment in your home.
Why Choose Bennetts Pest Control
We are trusted Brisbane experts when it comes to getting rid of fleas in your home.
- We have dealt with countless flea problems in homes across Brisbane and the south east of Queensland and we know the best practice for getting rid of your infestation – fast.
- Treatment Options. We understand the various species and know the most effective way to manage your flea problem.
- Customised Treatment Plans. We don’t use a cookie cutter approach – we tackle every flea problem individually to get the best possible results for your home.
How to Identify Fleas in Your Home
When you think you have a flea infestation, it’s a good idea to take a look at your pet first and foremost. If you do a quick inspection of your pet and then find fleas, it’s important that you take action straight away with a good quality home flea treatment (if you don’t already treat your pet regularly).
If you’re returning home after an absence, you might also see fleas leaping around and trying to feast on you – since they’re likely to be hungry.
- Fleas depend on blood to survive and will usually prefer to live on your pets as they are a source of food. Be sure to keep up with regular home flea treatments to keep fleas at bay.
- Fleas don’t usually become an inside problem, but if they do, it’s important to treat them quickly and effectively.
How to Find Eggs and Larvae
If you’ve located fleas on your pet or in your home, there’s every chance that they have spread to your carpets and the rest of your home. The eggs and larvae are going to be found in out of the way places like inside cracks in your floor and so on. Make sure that you do a thorough search, but don’t be surprised if you can’t find any signs that are obvious. Fleas are great at hiding.
- Fleas cannot fly but can jump long distances
- Flea larvae are mobile but move very slowly – usually to find food and to get to a preferred location for safety
Will You Find Fleas in Your Bed?
You won’t usually find fleas in your bed – but they probably will be in Fido’s bed. Fleas like to live in your dog or cat’s beds and will lurk there instead of in your bed. But be warned – fleas can be found living under your bed, which is why you need to wash and clean your bedding regularly.
- If you have a flea infestation, make sure you get your home professionally sprayed and treated
- Clean regularly and wash bedding to ensure no fleas are lurking in your covers
How Fleas Breed
Fleas are pesky and resilient and will spin cocoons in anywhere from five to twenty days after hatching. They will emerge when the conditions are favourable and when they can feed.
- Adult fleas don’t come out until they can feed and their potential host (either you or your pet) is detected by heat and vibration
- Once a flea has emerged, it’ll start feeding within 48 hours, after which time fleas will mate and start laying eggs on the host (dog or cat)
How to Get Rid of Fleas
The first thing you need to do is call us for assistance on 1300 661 008. Most of the time, simply using over-the-counter products for flea control will not resolve the root causes of the infestation and you’ll be back to where you started when the breeding cycle resumes.
At Bennetts, we’ll conduct a thorough check of your entire property and make sure that your flea infestation can be controlled.
Step One: We perform a home visit and identify the source of your flea problem
Step Two: We’ll advise you how to treat your pets for fleas and encourage regular grooming/bathing
Step Three: We apply a professional flea treatment in your home to get rid of fleas, eggs, larvae and all other life cycle stages of fleas
Step Four: We can perform a follow up visit if necessary
Be aware that a flea infestation doesn’t mean you have a dirty home – it just means that a pet has a flea problem which needs to be treated. You need to perform both chemical and manual flea treatments to ensure that you are getting a successful result.
Book your flea control treatment today. Call us on 1300 661 008 for an in-home consultation and get rid of fleas fast.