Rodent Control Brisbane
Rats and rodents are among the biggest pests in Australian homes, and thanks to their bad reputation for spreading disease and causing problems, it’s something that you want to deal with asap. Rats and mice are renowned for causing problems and contaminate homes with their urine and faeces, so if you suspect you have rat or rodent control issues, it’s vital that you call us immediately.
We can also help you with preventative rodent control and rodent removal, and thanks to our 25 years of experience in the industry, you can trust us to provide exceptional care every time.
Call us on 1300 661 008 to get a quote for our rodent control, mouse control and rat control services.
Why Choose Bennetts Pest Control
We are trusted to provide Brisbane, Ipswich and Gold Coast customers with exceptional service for over 25 years. Here’s why:
- We’ve seen it all in our time. With over two decades of service under our belt, we can safely say that we can manage every kind of mouse control and rat control issue.
- Treatments Options. There is a range of rodent control issues you may be facing, which is why we offer multiple treatment options for you to ensure you get the best possible outcome for your home.
- Customised Treatment Plans. No two homes are the same, which is why we offer tailored treatment plans for your mouse control and pest management issues.
The Risk of Rodents
Rats and rodents can cause huge problems if left untreated, so all rodent control issues must be managed promptly to avoid health and property risks.
- Property Damage – Rats can chew and nibble on property and may even eat through lead and aluminium sheeting. They can also weaken the structural integrity of your home by chewing through electrical wiring which can short out appliances and lighting fixtures.
- Health Risks – Rodents are huge carriers of diseases such as salmonellosis, leptospirosis and tularaemia. Contamination can be caused by direct contact with a rat through a bite, unsafe handling of a dead rat, and eating food or drink which has been contaminated with rat faeces, urine, saliva or hair.
- Food Spoilage – Rodents can ruin food and cause it to spoil simply by coming into contact with it.
- Appliance Damage – Because rats can chew through wires, these pests can also damage and short out your appliances. Watch out for chewed up power chords attached to your appliances. Particularly in the kitchen.
Types of Rodents
There are three common types of rodents found in Australia:
- Norway rat –This rat is also known as a brown rat, a sewer rat or a wharf rat. They are stocky and are slightly larger than a standard roof rat. They make burrows and have small, close-set They have a semi-naked, scaly tail which is shorter than the head and body combined. Their fur is coarse and brownish.
- Roof rat – These rats are also known as a black rat or a ship rat. They have a slender body and the tail of these rats is as long as the body and head combined.
- House mouse – These mice are small, slender and have a slightly pointed nose. Their eyes protrude, and they have large ears.
Signs of Rodent Infestation
- Rodent sightings - If you see a rodent, it’s immediately obvious that you may have an infestation problem.
- Urine & droppings - Finding droppings and streaks of urine is characteristic of a rodent control issue.
- Rodent nests - Rats will make a burrow, and if you find one, it’s a good sign of a rat problem.
- Sounds - you may hear rodents squeaking or making noises which can be heard at night.
- Rub marks - Dark, greasy marks will appear where rodents have been running.
Rodent Removal and Rodent Control Tips
- Identify the type of rodents causing problems. The rodent control issue will depend on what type of rodent you have, but most require the same kind of treatment. You also need to know the extent of the infestation, which we can help you with.
- Remove things that can attract rodents. Make sure your kitchen is sealed up nice and tight, and that food sources are all gone.
- Consult with a professional. We can help you with comprehensive rodent control, mouse control and rat control. Don’t live with rats a second longer than you have to. Call us today.
Reliable Rodent Control - Brisbane Pest Management Experts
Sick of living in a home run by rodents? We can help you there. Get a quote today for rodent removal by calling us on 1300 661 008. We offer Rodent control Brisbane wide and throughout the south east, so call us today to get rid of your rat or mouse problem.