Bed Bug Control and Treatment Brisbane
Even the mention of the word bed bug can be enough to strike fear into the hearts of anyone - let alone those who have experienced a beg bug infestation first hand.
These notorious critters are well known for causing distress and issues with homes and sleep, but before you throw out your bed, you need to be aware that you do have options regarding treatment. If you have bed bug issues at home or if you want to prevent them becoming a problem, give Bennetts a call. We are your trusted bed bug treatment and bed bug control team with over 25 years in the industry. We can help you with your bed bug removal today.
Call us on 1300 661 008 to get a quote for our bed bug management and bed bug treatment Brisbane services.
Why Choose Bennetts Pest Control
We have been the first choice for homeowners and property managers across Brisbane, Ipswich and the Gold Coast for over 25 years. Here’s why:
- With over two decades of experience in managing bed bug treatment and bed bug control, you know that we’ve seen it all. We have a multitude of options and ways to treat your bed bug problem and can make your pest control problems a thing of the past.
- Treatment Options. There are a number of ways bed bugs can invade your home, and that’s why we have a range of treatment options to ensure we get rid of the problem. We use a comprehensive range of bed bug removal techniques to ensure they don’t come back.
- Customised Treatment Plans. Every home is different, which is why we always implement a customised treatment plan to ensure you’re getting the best possible bed bug treatment and service. We ultimately want you to get value for money and to be happy with the result, which is why we tailor a solution to suit you.
The Risk of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are well known for their propensity to bite in the night, and if left untreated, bed bug infestations can cause huge health problems and issues with your sleep. If you have an infestation in your home, you may be at risk from the following:
- Bed damage and furniture damage – When bed bugs bite they can leave small traces of blood and blood spots on your furniture, sheets and bedding. They also leave faeces deposits which can stain your furniture and can cause issues with your décor.
- Health Risks – A bed bug bite is not usually painful in the first instance, thanks to the aesthetic compound contained in their bite. However, you will feel the bites several hours Once bitten, the bites can last for two to six weeks.
- Sleep patterns – You can’t really have a good night’s sleep knowing that creatures are lurking in your bed waiting to bite you when you’re resting. So, make sure you address the problem of bed bug removal now before it becomes a problem.
Types of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs were once a common pest throughout the world, but thanks to better hygiene and chemical treatments the infestations declined in the mid 20th century. Recently though, this trend has begun to swing back, and we have seen an increase in the number of infestations in Australia since around 1999.
Adult bed bugs are a wingless insect which are an ovular shape, and which are around 5mm long when fully grown. These insects are a rusty brown colour, but this colour does change to a deeper red colour when there has been a blood meal taken in. There are juvenile bed bugs as well which range from 1mm to 4mm in length, and which are paler in colour.
Thanks to the fact that bed bugs are flat in form, they can hide in cracks and crevices which means that they are often very hard to spot. There are two main types of bed bugs which attack people:
- Common bed bug – Also known as the Cimex lectularius, this bed bus has long been known in Australia and will feed on humans and animals with equal gusto.
- Tropical bed bug – Also known as the Cimex hemipeterus, this species has only recently been recognised by the medical entomology department.
There are five stages of juvenile bed bug development known as nymphs, and every nymphal stage requires a blood meal to moult to the next stage. Adult bed bugs can live for around six months at room temperature of around 23°C and much longer if they are at cooler temperatures.
Signs of Bed Bug Infestation
- Bed bug sightings – Because bed bugs can hide in cracks and crevices, you may not actually see the nasty critters as your first sign of an infestation.
- Bites on your body – This is probably the most common sign of a bed bug infestation, as you’ll notice bites on your body which are itchy. You may also notice spots of blood on your bed linen which are an indication of them feeding.
- Faeces in the cracks of your bed/mattress – Bed bugs will leave faeces in the places where they are nesting, and you’ll find these deposits when you search for them.
Tips for Bed Bug Treatment
- Identify that you have a bed bugs in your home. Even if you suspect bed bugs but aren’t 100% sure about the infestation, call us anyway. It’s far better to be wrong about a bed bug infestation and to call us out, then to be right and to risk not having professional pest control treatment at the earliest possible stage. The bed bug treatment cost is nothing compared to the peace of mind you get from knowing your home is bed bug-free.
- Wash everything is hot water. This includes bedclothes, curtains, cushion covers and anything else that may have been in contact with bed bugs. When it comes to bed bug removal, you can never be too thorough. Effective pest management is all about eradication at the source.
- Consult with a professional. When it comes to bed bug treatment, we are your first choice. Thanks to the fact that bed bugs are so cryptic in their behaviour, and since they’re so good at hiding, it may not be possible to get rid of them all with the first treatment, which is why post control treatment and evaluation is always recommended for bed bug control and bed bug removal.
Reliable Bed Bug Removal Brisbane Experts
Get peace of mind and a good night’s sleep when you call us to manage your bed bug control issues.
Get a quote today by calling us on 1300 661 008. We offer comprehensive bed bug treatment Brisbane wide and across Ipswich and the Gold Coast so contact us today.